The guests were greeted by the Ambassador of the Republic of Estonia to Finland, Harri Tiido. Marje Lohuaru, the head of the Estonian Foundation of Musical Instruments, introduced the activities of the Instrument Foundation and the collection of rare instruments built by masters.
The performers who played on the Estonian Foundation of Musical Instruments, instruments built by masters were:
Gloria Ilves, student at the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre (violin). The violin was built by the Italian instrument master Joseph (Giuseppe) Gagliano in the period 1770-1780.
Andrus Haav, principal of the Estonian National Opera Orchestra (violin)
The violin was built by the French instrument master Auguste Sébastien Berdel (Père), in the period 1830-1840.
The owner of the violin: Mrs Triin O`Brock.
Valle-Rasmus Rootsi, a student at the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre (cello)
The cello was built in 1904 by the Italian instrument master Celeste Farotti.
The owner of the cello: Mrs. Maivi Kaljuvee.
The concert included works by the well-known composers Maurice Ravel, Georges Bizet, Carlo Alfredo Piatti and Dmitri Shostakovich.